Applications for the The Paul Rickard Memorial Scholarship for Mathematics, Engineering or Physics will be reviewed and awarded by a committee. The men’s basketball scholarship will be awarded at the discretion of the men’s basketball coach. Prior to applying to the scholarship, you must have applied to SUNY Orange.
The application is a three step process.
- Application – Complete Application Here
Your essay and resume should reflect the preferred qualities of the scholarship below:
- Orange County resident
- high moral character
- ability to lead and provide a positive impact in the classroom and community
- excellent work ethic
- desire to give back
- strong understanding of and skills in the application of the principles of mathematics
- ability to communicate the beauty of mathematics
- commitment to put mathematics to purpose in a teaching, engineering, or scientific profession
First year scholarship recipients are required to re-apply for the scholarship by July 1. In addition, students must always meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements and must not be on financial aid suspension at the end of any semester.